Total Restore is looking to employ an experienced Lead carpenter to head a residential remodeling crew of 2-3.
- Paint drywall, cabinets, trim, etc.
- Hanging and finishing drywall.
- Build/install cabinets.
- Install hardwood and various types of flooring.
- Install tile.
- Minor plumbing.
- Minor electric.
- Install vanities/countertops.
- Efficiently and effectively lead a remodeling crew.
- Stay on budget. If not, must have a good reason.
- Meet deadlines. If not, must have a good reason.
- Communicate with the account executive regarding job scope.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong soft skills. You will often have to interact with homeowners.
- Leader personality.
- Strong time management skills.
- Critical thinking.
- 3 years of remodeling experience.
- Proven, strong residential remodeling skills.
- Strong construction safety knowledge.
- Be able to stand on your feet for 8 hours a day.
- Lift 60+ lbs.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Reliable transportation to and from work.
- No alcohol/drug dependencies. *Using drugs and drinking on/before the job is grounds for immediate dismissal*
- Strive to achieve the highest levels of customer satisfaction with all customer interactions.
- Drive sales through maintaining relationships with existing clients and acquiring new clients.
- Continually analyze the sales process to refine and improve its success, and work with upper management to establish sales reporting framework.
- Be the primary contact with the client for residential/commercial remodeling projects.
- Explain our entire remodeling process to our client in a detailed manner.
- You will constantly be in contact with and handle all customer questions and objections/grievances.
- Meet with homeowners to inspect, scope and photograph projects.
- Provide and thoroughly explain all contracts to be signed by the homeowner.
- Create a precise and meticulous scope sheet from job assessments.
- Represent Total Restore by attending shows and engaging in other marketing activities.
- Prioritizes customer satisfaction
- Strong soft skills
- Highly personable, with the ability to quickly build relationships
- Strong communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field
- Strong construction knowledge
- Previous sales experience is preferred
- Ability to lift to 60lbs
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving record, and a reliable vehicle
- Able to pass a drug test
- Job training
- Professional development
- Fantastic company culture and support
- PTO during holidays
- Individuals that work up to code and comply with all policies; this means no cutting corners regarding work, cleaning, safety, etc. Must show up in work uniform.
- Timely and proper communication with the project manager.
- Individuals must be able to lift a minimum of 75 lbs. without assistance. Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Team players that also get along with others.
- Punctuality: you do not need to show up 30 minutes or an hour before work, simply a few minutes before.
- Individuals that are not dependent on recreational drugs or alcohol. Alcohol/recreational drug use during or before work will not be tolerated. Individuals must be able to pass a drug test.
- Individuals willing to learn and follow instructions; you MUST be able to follow the Total Restore way.
- Individuals with reliable transportation to and from work.
- Individuals that can pass a background check.
- People familiar with OSHA guidelines, but not certified.
- Individuals with a clean driving record.
- People that are quick on their feet.
- Critical Thinking and problem solving.
Skilled Labor Contractor Duties
- Tile – Assist in the installation of all types of bathroom (shower floor/wall, bathroom wall/floor tile, etc.) and kitchen tiles (backsplash, etc.) and be able to properly grout.
- Demolition – Safely tear down and haul off materials.
- Hardware – Install cabinet and shower hardware, along with other types.
- Painting – Precisely tape, cover the floor and surrounding furniture, cut, use a roller/paintbrush/paint sprayer to paint walls, cabinets, trim, and all other surfaces.
- Minor Plumbing – Installing/replacing supply lines, faucets, toilets, drains, bathtubs, shut off valves, etc.
- Cabinets – Assemble (if needed) and properly install cabinetry.
- Flooring – Prepare subfloor, Installing floated or stapled flooring.
- Drywall – Measure, cut, and install drywall. Floating, sanding, finishing, and sometimes texturing drywall.
- Counters – Measure, cut, and install.
- Trim – Measure, cut, and install quarter round, shoe mold, baseboard, crown molding, and even wainscotting.
Our Company Culture
- Detail oriented - quality and precision focused.
- Customer centered.
- Outcome oriented.
- Respect for everyone and everything. Respect all customers/their homes, co-workers, vans, tools, equipment.
- Team oriented. Cooperative and collaborative.
- Stable with strong processes.
- Fast/steady/on-time pay. We make sure you receive your pay without delay.
- Consistent work (An average work week will consist of 40-50hrs).
- A safe and friendly work environment with rules and regulations.
- Opportunity for growth and promotion.
- Job training and development. We are willing to help you sharpen and refine any job skills you might need! Please feel free to ask!
- Uniforms. Shirts and pants are provided. We will provide you with a $100 credit towards construction boots.
- Company vehicles which you will be using when on the clock.
- End of Year Bonus
- Paid Holidays
- Estimate the labor, material, and time requirements of a project to compute the overall cost of a project.
- Create a separate, detailed, step-by-step estimate that will be presented/digested by our client.
- Monitor all addendums, scope changes, and breakouts to ensure they are incorporated into the estimate.
- Conduct research to obtain data on labor costs, materials, job times, etc. Will also be using the data from Total Restore’s database.
- Track, measure and analyze your previous estimates; you will draw meaningful analytics and act upon the data accordingly.
- Create and present reports to upper management.
- Explore documentation to gain a deep understanding of the project requirements.
- Communicate with the account executive, and other team members, to obtain all necessary documentation, dimensions, and photos of a project; you must always stay in touch with others to see if there are any changes in the project scope.
- Visit or communicate with subcontractors, warehouses, vendors, architects, engineers, owners, and other venues as necessary to obtain a job cost.
- 2+ years of experience as a construction estimator. (should be 1+ year of estimating support)
- In-depth knowledge of construction and project management.
- Hands-on data with complex data research activities.
- Familiarity with estimator computer programs and Microsoft office.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- BA in data analytics/statistics, construction, construction science or similar relevant field.
- Problem solver and a critical thinker. These will be vital for growth opportunities.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Must respect deadlines.
- Must be punctual.
- This role is best for meticulous people. Estimates will be very thorough and technical.
- Comfortable with healthy conflict and be willing to defend your points. You will constantly be bouncing around ideas/solutions amongst co-workers to come to the best decision.